Most people who are addicted with drugs need help to overcome the condition. As rehabilitating a drug addict is a difficult undertaking, it is advisable that the task is undertaken by professionals in this field. In Florida, there are numerous drug rehab centres that offer help to addicts. These centres have rules and regulations that must be strictly adhered. In this article, we explore some of the rules and regulations found in the centres as follows:
- No cell phones or computers-Most centres do not allow the recovering addicts to use mobile phones or computers while staying in the centres help line The main intention of this requirement is to cut any connection between the recovering addict and drug sellers.
- Relationships in rehabs are prohibited-People who are recovering from drug addiction in the rehabs are not allowed to start romantic relationships. In fact even couples that undergo treatment in the same facility are fixed on different programs. What is allowed is good communications between various people and friendships. The aim of this restriction is to enable people focus on their recovery path as love relationships are bound to complicate matters.
- Attending all the sessions– it is mandatory for recovering addicts to attend all sessions and actively participate. There is a lot of information that is gained during these sessions.
The aim of this rule is to make you have all the information needed to enable you recover fully.
- No movies, TV and Music-Though there would be some programs that may be allowed depending on the stage of your recovery, the aim of this restriction is to enable you avoid triggers. Triggers may make you go back to drug abuse.
- Total abstinence from drugs and alcohol– At the rehab centres, you are not allowed to take drugs or alcohol detox centers florida When you enter the facility, a thorough search on your bags is conducted to make sure that you’re not carrying any of the aforementioned items. The intention of this restriction is to enable you learn to live a drug and alcohol-free life.
- Movement restrictions-When you’re admitted at the rehab centre, your movements are restricted and monitored. In case there is a compelling reason for moving out, you’re only allowed to so accompanied by one of the employees of the rehab. The main aim of this restriction is to enable you gain optimally from the program that you’re undertaking.
- Structured schedules– At the rehab, there are various structured schedules that must be adhered to. The intention of these schedules is to enable you get maximum opportunities for healing. They may look boring or tedious, but the schedules are important as they support the healing process.
The problem of drug addiction is increasing at an alarming rate. This has made the demand for rehab centres to also shoot up. Unfortunately, most of the rehab centres do not offer the best quality treatments that can help the patients overcome the problem. In fact their aim is just to make big money through the patients. In order for patients to register high success rates when undergoing treatment, rehab centres need to do things differently. In case you’re looking for a rehab centre for yourself or loved ones, it is important to consider the following factors:
- The reputation of the rehab centre-Reputation is an important consideration when choosing a rehab centre. The internet is resourceful in assisting you to evaluate the reputation of the rehab that you choose. When you visit the centre’s site, it is important to see what the past and present clients are saying. The testimonials of these clients will assist you to evaluate the reputation of that particular centre. Additionally, to assist you to understand the centre’s quality of service, it must be accredited by two bodies: the Joint Commission and Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. Yet, these centres must be certified by relevant bodies to ensure that they offer clients professional services.
- Clinical staff qualifications and licenses-The qualifications that the clinical staff have attained signify whether they have achieved the professional requirement to offer their programs. The credentials indicate the experience and the training that is needed to offer good results at the end of rehab treatment. There are various credentials needed: These include: LADC (Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor) and CAC (Certified Addiction Counselor).
- Multidisciplinary treatment options-The treatment program must be multidisciplinary in nature. This means that it must focus on the mind, the body and spirit. To succeed in achieving this goal, you must have various professionals from multiple disciplines including psychologists, nutritionists, pastors etc.
- Application of evidence-based treatments-the treatment centre that you select must apply scientific methods of treatment whose results can be measured. These programs include Twelve-step Facilitation, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy etc.
- Mental health programs-Drugs and alcohol addiction occasion problems associated with mental health conditions like anxiety and depression. The centre you choose must have these programs to help you overcome your mental challenges.
- Conventional medicine-The conventional medicines are the best in treating addiction. Avoid those rehabs that use herbal medicines to treat your condition because these supplements are not approved by the FDA. Furthermore, herbal medications have not been prepared using scientific methods.
- Drug detox is different from drug rehab– A detox program is meant to enable your body to get rid of any toxins that may be present in your system as a result of addiction. The program is meant to prepare you for treatment. Rehabs that use this method to treat patients go wrong because this strategy is not meant for treatment per se.