How To Find The Right Drug Rehab
The problem of drug addiction is increasing at an alarming rate. This has made the demand for rehab centres to also shoot up. Unfortunately, most of the rehab centres do not offer the best quality treatments that can help the patients overcome the problem. In fact their aim is just to make big money through the patients. In order for patients to register high success rates when undergoing treatment, rehab centres need to do things differently. In case you’re looking for a rehab centre for yourself or loved ones, it is important to consider the following factors:
- The reputation of the rehab centre-Reputation is an important consideration when choosing a rehab centre. The internet is resourceful in assisting you to evaluate the reputation of the rehab that you choose. When you visit the centre’s site, it is important to see what the past and present clients are saying. The testimonials of these clients will assist you to evaluate the reputation of that particular centre. Additionally, to assist you to understand the centre’s quality of service, it must be accredited by two bodies: the Joint Commission and Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. Yet, these centres must be certified by relevant bodies to ensure that they offer clients professional services.
- Clinical staff qualifications and licenses-The qualifications that the clinical staff have attained signify whether they have achieved the professional requirement to offer their programs. The credentials indicate the experience and the training that is needed to offer good results at the end of rehab treatment. There are various credentials needed: These include: LADC (Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor) and CAC (Certified Addiction Counselor).
- Multidisciplinary treatment options-The treatment program must be multidisciplinary in nature. This means that it must focus on the mind, the body and spirit. To succeed in achieving this goal, you must have various professionals from multiple disciplines including psychologists, nutritionists, pastors etc.
- Application of evidence-based treatments-the treatment centre that you select must apply scientific methods of treatment whose results can be measured. These programs include Twelve-step Facilitation, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy etc.
- Mental health programs-Drugs and alcohol addiction occasion problems associated with mental health conditions like anxiety and depression. The centre you choose must have these programs to help you overcome your mental challenges.
- Conventional medicine-The conventional medicines are the best in treating addiction. Avoid those rehabs that use herbal medicines to treat your condition because these supplements are not approved by the FDA. Furthermore, herbal medications have not been prepared using scientific methods.
- Drug detox is different from drug rehab– A detox program is meant to enable your body to get rid of any toxins that may be present in your system as a result of addiction. The program is meant to prepare you for treatment. Rehabs that use this method to treat patients go wrong because this strategy is not meant for treatment per se.